Thorntonia - Week 7

6 May 2012
The men went and mustered the steers/bullocks today on horseback, the kids and I tagged along in the Toyota just for something to do.

The Yank, as he is fondly known, had a buster off his horse on their way out to the bore. He came away with sore wrist which quickly swelled.

Lloyd took Harry and Will for a ride on his horse while they had the cattle blocked up. The kids absolutely love riding the horses and bikes and constantly bug Lloyd for more rides.

Just as we were near home there was a call over the two way. "Charmaine, please come and pick us up over the other side of the creek". This made me panick somewhat, so I got that Toyota up and moving only to hear "I'm okay, take your time". I got to the creek but was unable to cross it only to see Carl limping towards us. Lloyd had retrieved his horse which looked worse for wear. We drove home and Carl had to ice up one leg and foot. Looked like he may have broken his big toe.

8 May 2012
Carl's second day off work due to the buster. We decided to go to Mt Isa and restock the fridge and pantry. Took the kids to McDonalds for breakfast where they had fun playing on the jungle gym. I didn't have so much fun as William got stuck in one of the tunnels and I had to do a rescue mission being guided by a lovely little fellow telling me my baby is down that one, there was about three to choose from. Off went the shoes and in I go, those tunnels are really steep. By the second tunnel I was doing the deep breathing and telling myself it's going to be okay, you will get out! All the time while climbing through these tunnels I could smell a terrible odour. It got stronger when I found William, so not only did he make me climb through a McDonalds play thingy he had a nice little present for me in his nappy. Note to self, only let the kids play in the jungle gym when Carl is there to get them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Carl, Charmaine, Harrison and William. 7/3/12 we started our journey around Australia, not sure how long it will take, just going to see were 'it' takes us.