Thorntonia - Week 11

2 June 2012
After picking up food supplies in Mt Isa we headed to the metropolis of Camooweal for the annual two day campdraft and rodeo.

June, Chris and Clayton were there, along with June's mum and Lloyd. The boys were lucky enough to have a ride on Clayton's horse...

cutest cowboys in town
That night Carl took Harry for a dance where he cut all the right moves and got a lot of attention.

3 June 2012


Harry turned bull rider in the afternoon. Carl asked Harry what he thought of it and all Harry could say was 'Can I have another turn?'. He was so happy and even more so when every competitor was presented with a trophy.

my little champ
After the rodeo finished we headed back to Thorntonia.

4 June 2012
Carl went back to work checking bores and doing some mechanical work on one of the work utes. The kids and I had the joy of washing clothes after our great holiday.

5 June 2012
Everyone is preparing for the move to Quart Pot camp where we'll be for the next couple of weeks. I've scored the job of camp cook as well as our regular gig. We're taking the caravan so heaps to pack and get ready for tomorrow.

6 June 2012
I had the responsibility of transporting the camp kitchen to Quart Pot. It is an old dental caravan, gutted and fitted out with a stove, fridge and freezer. Top towing speed 40km/h, otherwise you'd start bunny hopping and getting speed wobbles. This meant the trip took about an hour and half. The good thing was, I was kid free!

Camp cook...great job. I've never had so many compliments about my cooking. And even better, I don't have to cook breakfast.

7 & 8 June 2012
Couple of days mustering.

our noisy and smelly company

heading to the holding paddock - day 1

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Carl, Charmaine, Harrison and William. 7/3/12 we started our journey around Australia, not sure how long it will take, just going to see were 'it' takes us.